So, the end of another month is here. I swear the further through the year we get, the faster the months fly by! The first half of 2013 wasn’t too fabulous for me, for a few reasons, but I am so so thankful and so so lucky that all the bad stuff sorted itself out. I would never wish the events of February on my worst enemy. But enough about that.
The second half of the year has treated me much much better so far, and the almost permanent smile on my face is a welcome reminder. The summer that I had forecasted to be dull and boring (since my housemates left and my student live came to an abrupt end) has actually turned out to be full of fun, laughter, new beginnings & opportunities, and most importantly, SUN! I thought I would take the time to do a little June/July round up to document the highlights of my last few weeks.
1. Taylor Swift’s song ’22’ became the soundtrack to my life. I celebrated my 22nd birthday with afternoon tea in the forest, and a trip to London with my favourite person on the planet, my mummy ❤
2. Rubber ring my bell… Kiki and I got hours of fun from a meer £5 spend on rubber rings from G&Ts
3. Thai me up in chains – countless trips to Koh Thai Tapas and Tiien Thai
4. I became addicted to RIBS – some point around the end of June I surrendered to the British obsession with ribs, and have never looked back.
5. Life’s a beach. Every year I vow to “go to the beach more while I still live near”… and this year I have actually done it (and got the tan to prove it!)
6. I fell in love with Bournemouth. After vowing eternal hatred for what Bournemouth nightlife has turned into over the four years I have been a student here, and having thought I had outgrown it, I have actually had some pretty memorable nights in the last few weeks. I thought this summer would be basically me crossing off the days until I move back to London, but I hold up my white flag in surrender. I have fallen in love with you, Bournemouth.
And here are the accompanying snaps. Make the most of every moment. Nothing lasts forever. x
Oh….and we found our flat in London! Next chapter is imminent!
All my love