This week I was tagged in the Liebster Award by the lovely Emma, who writes Beauty and the Big Smoke. Its basically a way to reach out to new bloggers like us, and find out more about them and what they love. The tag involves answering 10 questions about myself and then I need to tag another 10 bloggers with 10 brand new questions. .
1) Try to tag/nominate bloggers that have under 200 followers
2) You must tag the blog that nominated you
3) You must let the people you tagged know so they’re able to respond
Here are the questions Emma left for me and the other 9 bloggers she tagged. Who, by the way, are these – check them out!
1) What’s your favourite restaurant?
I’m a sucker for a good steak, and have become a bit of a snob about it if I’m honest. There are some places I won’t even consider ordering it because it wont be right, and I really struggle not to complain when I order medium rare and it comes out anything between medium and charcoal. So, my favourite restaurant would have to be Gaucho.
The steaks are unbelievable. I also must do a little shout out to my favourite Thai restaurant back in Bournemouth, called Tiien
. Its a lovely restaurant and the food is beautifully cooked.
2) What will you be asking Santa for this Christmas?
A new coffee machine! I had the Bosch Tassimo but it started to break, so I am in desperate need of a new one! Coffee is one of my favourite things on earth!
3) Favourite city?
London! There’s no place like home, and while I really adore New York and Barcelona, if I ever moved there I would miss the British humour and way of life too much.
4) Why did you start blogging?
I love to write. I always have. I kept journals as a child, and as I soared over my 10,000 dissertation word limit, my tutor read over it and said “you obviously have a talent for writing”. That, I think, was the point I realised I really did want to pursue it. I thought I wasn’t good enough because I hadn’t studied Journalism or English, and that nobody would take me seriously, but after a few months of blogging I realised that the online community is a really friendly place, and we all love to help each other out. The Liebster Award is a prime example of how welcoming everybody is. Even if I don’t get to write as a career, its lovely to still be able to do it as a hobby.
5) Your top 5 beauty products?
Dior Airflash Spray Foundation
Topshop tangerine Lipstick
Essie ‘Meet Me at Sunset’ Nail Polish
HD Brows Kit
Benefit Sun Beam
If I’ve got those with me, I’ll survive!
6) How do you discover other like-minded bloggers?
Through commenting and linking to other people’s blogs, really. Often I’ll click on someones comment and then someone else’s comment on their blog, and so on, and suddenly an hour has passed and I’m just perusing people’s blogs. Its essential to read other blogs before you start, too, and while you’re doing it.
7) Name a blogger that inspires you?
. Hers was one of the first blogs I read before I started, and I just think its amazing. She blogs because she loves beauty products, and loves telling people about her experiences with products. I’ve bought many products off the back of her reviews! She’s really genuine in her writing style, too.
8) Top beauty or fashion tip?
If you only carry one item of makeup, make it a lipstick.
9) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
The worst paths often lead you to the best people.
10) What are you looking forward to most this week?
My friend is visiting me at the weekend and I can’t wait to see her!
Okay, so, here’s the blogs I’ve tagged, and my questions. Leave me your link in a comment so I can see your answers!!!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who is your favourite designer?
3. Lipstick or eye shadow?
4. Do you have a fashion motto?
5. Describe your dream job.
6. You have £1000 to spend on one item. What would it be?
7. What item of clothing or makeup would you save from your burning house?
8. Do you have a fashion inspiration or style icon?
9. Describe your favourite cocktail bar.
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Can’t wait to hear your answers!