Because life was well tough back then, it was no wonder you had an attitude, right?
1. Going full Kourtney Karashian on your Mum after she has the audacity to suggest that your last year’s Withit pencil case ‘will do’ for another year. Ummm, no Mum.
2. Not being able to decide between your pink DCs or your black Duffs for your prime hottie outfit for mufty day, so nipping onto the dial up internet for a group opinion on MSN the night before.
3. Being sure to wear the correct number of shag bands on your wrists to reflect your level of uncompromised sluttiness.
image via snopes.com
4. Whipping your flip phone out of your inner blazer pocket and feeling like a hot mix of James Bond cool and Lizzie McGuire swag.
5. Sticking dream catchers, mini mirrors and spare lip gloss in your locker to ensure you remain as Mary-Kate and Ashley as possible at all times.
6. …And assuming your parents want to see said locker at parents’ evening. FYI, they do not.
7. Leaving as many shirt buttons undone as you could get away with to not-so-subtly allow all the boys to sneak a glimpse at your raunchy M&S Angel bra.
8. And if the top of your Girl Boxers could peep outta the top of your boot flare trousers from Tammy, that’d be just swell.
9. Pouting your perfectly glossed lips in anger when the bell rang and class wasn’t immediately terminated like the American sitcoms let us believe it would.
10. Swagging round school for the entire week post-BCG jab showing off your war wound and making the lower year levels feel medically inferior.
11. Watching Skins and immediately deciding that the drugged-up-sleeping-in-your-own-sick life was so you.
image via skinsmusic.co.uk
12. …And subsequently trying to make out like every sleepover was a mad rave by taking scandalous pics in your lounge.
12. Never being more than an inch away from your Dream Matte Mousse.
14. …Which was obviously about four shades too dark because duh nobody wants to be Ivory.
15. Making your Mum late for work because you’re busy applying Wella gel to get that perfect slicked back, bump free, skull exposing pony tail that brings all the boys to your yard.
16. Spending a good ten minutes perfecting your MSN screen name, making sure that you’ve 1) named your crush with a code name and 2) chosen the perfect passive aggressive/emotional song lyric to sum up your misunderstood life.
17. Spending all your credit on that awesome polyphonic ringtone so having to call your bestie on the landline before school to check whether you’re bringing lunch or buying it.
18. Making sure that Becca was aware she totally crossed a line today by rearranging your Bebo friends grid (and your ‘other half of me’).
19. Settling for nothing less than the chunkiest of shoes from the Bootleg section at Clarkes.
20. …And the ridiculously pointless free gift that came with them. #tbt to that weird purple box that was possibly meant for pens?
21. Carrying one of these hotties round like it was the new season Birkin.
image via femalefirst.co.uk
22. … And you got that bag from investing in one of these versatile little puppies.
image via stylight.co.uk
23. Walking around feeling totally irresistible in amidst a choking haze of Charlie So…Kiss Me, and never being surer that you were a solid 10/10.
And now, all these years later, we look back and realise that between all the blue mascara, Charlie body spray and aspiring to be fictional drug addicts from a TV show, they were some of the best days of our lives. What are your funniest memories from your school days? Cmon, share your sass tips for future generations….